4/28/07

R U 4 REAL? LOL

Apparently, the Education Department in Ireland is sending some blame the way of portable phones for the poor literacy of teenagers.


Can you blame the poor kids? It's a lot easier to text "LOL" instead of "Man, that was very funny. I nearly split my sides with that great joke"!


OK, illiteracy is a bad thing. But does that mean over-texting is the cause? No, I really don't think so. Of course, I could be wrong (but I wouldn't bet on it). :-)


According to the report, students are, "unduly reliant on short sentences, simple tenses and a limited vocabulary". Well, judging from that syllable-inundated analysis, you can tell none of these guys ever had a surprise on their monthly cell bill for 100 text messages.


Get with the times, Ireland! Try something a little more socially acceptable, like: OMG! U R BAD @ WRDS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got nothing against text lingo, as long as the person knows the language from which it's condensed.

Hapkido said...

I speak "text" all the time. I can't imagine trying to type those words all the way out.


I can't imagine trying to do that not knowing the language, though! It'd look like gibberish.


Or French... ;-)

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP