4/17/07

"It Won't Happen To Me" Introduction

In light of a recent incident involving one Master Rion's students being attacked here in Cedar Rapids & the senseless tragedy at Virginia Tech, I'm starting a new (hopefully ongoing) set of posts called "It Won't Happen To Me".


To start, I NEVER place blame on the person or persons attacked - the responsibility lies solely with the perpetrator. No one ever "has it coming". I don't care if the attacker has it rough or "society" wasn't fair to him/her, the decision to visit violence on others was theirs.


I will say that entirely too many people have the "it won't happen to me" attitude (i've even seen people who were attacked add "again" to the end of that). The best thing you can do to prepare for a self-defense situation is, obviously, to stay out of it in the first place. But sometimes that's just not possible.


What I offer as a concept is being prepared is the best start to any self-defense. With that in mind, I'm going to post periodically on items in the news where someone was attacked - most likely in a relatively "safe" location. This isn't to scare the bejeebers out of you - the intention is to help you realize that these things can unfortunately happen even in your town.


My hope is that everyone will take steps to protect themselves.

0 comments:

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP