7/15/07

Training - Week 1

I'm getting things ready for my 2nd degree test & the biggest worry on my mind is endurance. Yes, forms, sparring & self-defense are all issues as well but my level of preparedness on those is good, at least.


No, it's my ability to stay in the game that's got me worried.


My 1st degree test pushed me to the limit. It lasted 1 hour, 15 minutes & left me nothing short of exhausted! The 2nd degree test promises to take everything from 1st degree, add three more forms, more self-defense & even more unknowns (something Master Rion likes to throw at us). Needless to say, being well-prepared in the area if endurance is important.


I've been running/walking (walking because it's hard on the knees - something I can't afford) for about six miles every other day since setting my test date. Keep in mind I'll be attending regular classes during this time AND practicing all my forms, one-steps & self-defense outside of school. I make no promises that I'll be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound - only that I'll be better prepared for my upcoming test.


Once it's done & I'm (hopefully) promoted, I'll post some pics & my essay.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your motivation and dedication. Send some of it down my way please? Mine has seemed to just disappear.

Good luck!

Hapkido said...

Mrs. Who,
Thanks for the good wishes! As a reward, let me share the "secret" to motivation.

When you decide to do something (running, bicycling, swimming) & you have that one moment where you're on the fringe of going/plopping down on the couch - get up & walk out the door.

I don't care if you walk, run, skip, whatever. Just when you get that feeling that you just want to go to sleep, watch TV, etc. get up & go! You'll feel better for it & have accomplished something...

Just remember to turn everything off when you leave... :-)

Anonymous said...

Turn off everything when I leave? Including the kids? I'm out the door right now, then!!!!

Hapkido said...

Especially the kids! Most people don't know this but kids have a switch on their backs that turns them off. Or maybe that was an episode of Star Trek...

Chores & spinach also have the same effects! :-P

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP