10/27/06

Seminar Time!

About 12 hours until we all leave for Omaha,NE & the seminar! Woo Hoo! I'm really thrilled about this one. Not only has it been 6 months (or so) since the last seminar (Denver,CO - what a BLAST!) but I'm also going to try out the kicking seminar with Bill "Superfoot" Wallace.


Before you ask, he's called that because of his left leg kicking speed. Over 60 mph. If you don't think that's impressive...well, tough! It's actually incredibly fast. Most people would do well to break 40 mph. As for me, I can't imagine I'm much better than 45 mph.


Back to the main point...The other half of the seminar is my favorite. Of course, I'm talking about Hapkido. There's always something new to take away from each seminar. Yes, some of the concepts are advanced. That's why I have all the advanced guys, including my instructor, there to translate. Strangely enough, even though they're the advanced guys they have me do most of the advanced falls. Probably shouldn't read anything into that, right? ;-)


We're going for two days this time (last year was one day) & martial arts shoes are required so we don't dirty up the floor - or whatever. I'm thinking 1st day will be straight HKD. 2nd day will be 1/2 HKD & 1/2 kicking. Still, that's 3 hours of kicking! I normally sweat buckets during a regular 1-hour class (trust me, everyone at the school could tell you humorous anecdotes on this) & I'm scared to think about how much water we're talking for a 3-hour kickfest.


I'll let you guys know how things turn out when I get back. Hopefully, without bad stories like that time I had a little too much to drink in Chicago....

0 comments:

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP