10/24/06

Montecristo Afrique

Montecristo Afrique Jambo Jambo
Cost: $16.50 (Case of 3)
Gauge: 50
Length: 6"
Purchased: From JR Cigars


This is a full-bodied cigar if there ever was one. African/Nigerian tobacco (made in Dominican Republic). EXCELLENT is the best way to describe this unbelievably smooth smoke. There is no bitterness, no aftertaste & the draw seems to be smoother as you get further into the cigar. "Creamy" was the description offered by Montecristo & I'm obligated to agree based on my experience.


I'm planning to order a box of 10 (I only have room in the humidor for 50 cigars). If you like a full-bodied cigar, this one - at the very least - is worth trying the 3-pack. Harvey, this is probably right up your alley. Almost as fun to say "Jambo Jambo" as it is to savor this one.


Overall, I'd say 4 out of 5. It's not customary for me to go for a rich, full cigar like this but you couldn't be disappointed. If all African tobacco is like this, I'm surprised you don't see more products over here. The nice (though plastic) case included with the cigars is pretty handy. You can't beat this cigar for the money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 things:

1) You should mention where you bought it (and provide a direct link to the display page, if possible)

2) "Jambo" means "hello" in Swahili (or at least it did when my ship stopped in Mombasa, Kenya back in 1988).

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna give these a try.

By the way, JR is currently having a special on them - FIVE for $18. Don't know how long it'll last:

https://www.jrcigar.com/index.cfm?page=cig_view&ItemCode=MXAJJ5

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP