10/21/06

Looks Like Choog-Gun Is The Way To Go.

I've been going over my forms more & more lately. I think I'm settling on Choong-Gun (4th Grade) for my demonstration form. Not an advanced form and it has a great deal of "hidden moves" there.


There's one particular section which has some potential for dealing with grapples. I'll look into it more, but I'm feeling awfully comfortable with this pattern. It has just the right mix of flow, technique & opportunity I'll need for this test.


I decided against Hwa-Rang (2nd Grade) because there's just not much there for interpretation. Yeah, yeah, it's "safe" but where's the fun in that? Really, everything was in the 1st half of the form & the rest was just move, move, move...the TKD equivalent of yada, yada, yada. ;-)


Choong-Moo (1st grade) presented an enigma. Plenty to interpret, but all of it came to a dead-end. I'd basically have to take the form & turn it into a mini-HKD demonstration. That would be sad.


Koryo (1st Degree, WTF) is still possible. It's a nicely flowing pattern with a decent amount of chances for interpretation. The only thing against it is most of the form is "cut & dry" - you can't interpret without coming out of left field. As we all know "left" = "bad". By the way, for the dirty-minded, WTF stands for World Taekwondo Federation, not what you were thinking...


Now we come to Kwang-Gae (1st Degree, ITF). It's a nicely flowing form & with 39 movements, it requires a great deal of effort to consider each motion. I'll look more into this one, but I think it becomes very straightforward from the start.

0 comments:

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP