10/6/06

Cigars

I've smoked a few of these in my time. No, I'm not an *aficionado* or any sort of judge on what a good cigar is. I just know what I like. For the record, I wouldn't waste one in some trashy Oval Office escapade. :-)

I recently attempted to purchase a humidor from a friend at work. Turns out he was nostalgic & decided not to sell. Well, that puts me officially "on the market"...for a humidor, of course. I've looked at a few on Amazon & such, but I really think I should get down to Iowa City & check out what the Tobacco Bowl has in stock. Also, they have one of my favorite cigars - Montecristo #1.

Montecristo is one brand I really like for it's relatively light flavor. I'd compare a #1 to drinking an espresso or something to that effect. Now, you may be asking yourself, "HapKiDo, why spend $10 on something you can pretty well buy for a couple of dollars"? If you did, slap yourself & listen to my explanation...

Coffee is a big let down for me. Sure, it smells great but the flavor is about as disappointing as coming in second in your own look-alike contest - you end up wondering where things went wrong. I can handle coffee & drink it occasionally. However, I'm very particular & if it's not just right I can't touch it. This is the part where cigars, specifically the Montecristo #1, comes into play...

Cigars, particularly the good ones I've tried, have very consistent flavor. Therefore, when I smoke a Montecristo #1, I am confident one I buy in the future will taste exactly the same. To me that's worth the extra $$$. If you don't like it, go percolate yourself a cup of Folgers'. ;-)

Since I'm always looking for input (no, seriously), I thought I'd ask you folks out in cyberspace what, if any, cigars work best for you. I really enjoy light to medium-bodied. Also, does anyone know about humidors & what's best for the casual cigar-smoker?

0 comments:

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP