10/20/06

2nd Degree Test (Part 2)

I talked to Master Rion (my instructor) today about the form-with-attackers part of my upcoming test. He said part of the expectation is that I'll provide my own interpretation for each technique in the chosen pattern.

Now, this is definitely a good thing. I was wondering how interesting this assignment could be with a verbatim "recitation" of the TKD encyclopedia (yes, there's one of those out there). I've never been a fan of plagiarism & my guess is that'd qualify.

Of course, balance being what it is, there's a tougher side to this as well: I have to decide what each movement "means" & what the attacker is attempting as well. This is *NOT* going to be easy. It's a lot like tangled Christmas lights - you generally know the location of beginning & end, but in the middle is a confusing, jumbled mess. Particularly difficult is that I'm not allowed to "change" the form (by adding/subtracting moves, changing the movement to suit me, etc.).

I'm going to pull a great deal of HKD into this particular part of the test. Honestly, it would be impossible for me to avoid that & honestly present my interpretation of a form. No, the pattern won't be all grappling, throws & joint-locks. It will include these by necessity though.

Oh, I just realized there will probably be an essay for my test as well. Pretty standard, but I don't know the subject yet. Add that to the previous list & I have A LOT to accomplish in only six months. Wish me luck! :-)

0 comments:

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP