2/18/07

Why Businesses Need To Keep It Together

With the recent weather cancellations on the east coast & my flight to SC looming in the near future, I sure hope AirTran (my airline of choice after this) doesn't go "Jet Blue" on me & have passengers sit for 10+ hours waiting for nothing.


Yeah, the odds of that are low, at least. We're supposed to have good weather in the coming weeks & I wouldn't appreciate being stuck on the ground for any amount of time with a bunch of cranky passengers.


I'm not a big fan of litigious action but I'd definitely file suit if airline management decides to show that little concern for paying customers. Businesses seem to have gone more cynical than a French soldier surrendering to Germany. I honestly believe they think, "Heck, we've already got your money. We'll roll the dice to see if you sue".


I'm not a firm believer that the customer is ALWAYS right - some customers are just stupid. That being said, I do think a company should be grateful you give them business that contributes to their bottom line. If any company doubts this gratuity should be forthcoming, please, check out how well Ford & GM are doing compared to Toyota.


Every time I so much as talked to Toyota they treated me like I was going to buy the whole lot. Ford & GM (Chevrolet in this case) dealers deal with customers more like door-to-door insurance salesmen than people looking for a product. Yes, I have good credit & income which is exactly why I can afford to never deal with Ford & GM ever again.


All businesses should take a lesson from that.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I flew with Airtran threee times last year and don't have any complaints. My last trip was with Northwest Airlines. I put Airtran ahead of NWA simply because Airtran has free XM radio and doesn't charge for a drink and snack. On one of my NWA flights (Atlanta to Minneapolis) they wanted freakin $3 for a small thing of Pringles. No freebies offered at all on that flight.

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP