2/23/07

The Camera's Here

Product: Canon PowerShot A640 - 10 megapixel
Cost: $304.99 (shipping included)
Where: Amazon.com


Oh, how I already looove this new digital camera! The Canon PowerShot A640 gets the job done, has a great repeat rate for shots & is incredibly easy to use. I even let one of my classmates in HKD snap a few pics & got a couple of my little sis, Sarah (she's so darn cute!). They all turned out clear as a bell.


The weight of the camera is excellent - it doesn't have that light, plasticky feel like many other cameras. This provides stability for clear photos. The amount of detail in said pictures - as expected for 10MP - is brilliant.


The lens is interchangeable, allowing flexibility for semi-professional photographers (i.e. - not me) & it's easy to utilize the functions included.


I'm still exploring all the myriad options this fine product has to offer. So far there's only one disappointment: Why on earth would Canon "throw in" a 32MB SD card for a 10MP camera? On the standard setting, this allows for about 10 to 12 pics & at best that lets you try the thing out. C'mon, Canon! Give us at least 128MB! Memory isn't that expensive.


Fortunately, I was able to secure a 1GB MicroSD card from SanDisk (adapter included) for $25 at Best Buy. Now I can take up to 400 photos & store over 2 hours of video.


If you're in the market for a well-made camera that offers remarkable ease of use, I'd say this one's worth the relatively low price.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, for some reason, memory is something they don't like to give you when you buy a digital camara.

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP