2/9/07

Test DVD

I watched the copy of the test on DVD that Master Rion made for me. He was concerned it would turn out weird because it was filmed in wide screen but it turned out just fine.


Quality-wise, that is.


As for my test...well, let's say I did quite a few things right. I was good at most of the techniques to the point I'd expect.


Now, my air falls STINK! I mean NYC garbage dump bad. I didn't think they were awful, but the tape shows otherwise. The height just isn't good. Sure, I think the basic motion is there but unless I get more "air" in the fall, I can hardly keep calling it that.


Second, many techniques look plain sloppy. Yes, they were done "correct" in the technical sense. Really though? I would have thought I'd have done much cleaner technique. It seemed to me that I looked awkward in more than a couple moves.


Yes, we're all our own worst critic. Yes, nerves were probably part of it. Overall, I'm working with people who have a great ability to execute these techniques with coordination & precision. For some reason, I didn't see the same in my performance at test.


In that regard I'm a bit disappointed in seeing my results. It's good that I remembered all the techniques (I didn't see any I missed) but there's a long way to go before I can really consider myself a black belt. The others seem to have a better grasp (pardon the pun) of the "how" whereas I have the "what".

0 comments:

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP