11/17/06

College Degree

This is a subject I've been dodging - at least subconsciously - for a few years. I have 90+ semester hours from University of Iowa, plus 24 or so from my time in the Navy. It's come time that I put the effort in & finish this thing. I'm not one for making excuses, but that's exactly how I sound when I have a reason for "not right now" on finishing a 4-year degree.


My question is whether to go straight into finishing the 4-year degree or get an Associates degree at a local school & finish the 4 from there? Do you lose any credits in that process? What makes more sense? The number of credits I have is well over what's needed for an Associates. The Bachelors will (hopefully) include my 90 credits, plus a few of the 24 from the Navy. Iowa, in their magnanimous, liberal elitism accepted 4 (four) credits from my military service. To call them jerks is an understatement.


Let me know what you think based on your own experiences.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know most people view the AA or AS as a pointless piece of paper but I feel the flexibility of having that paper is certainly worth it. It makes it so much eaiser to change schools administratively speaking. I say get the AA/AS and then pick whatever school you want to go to.

Best of luck,
JP

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP