11/25/06

Waaaaaa!!!

My dear friend, Amy, is wrapping up her time in Iowa. She; her husband, Greg; and daughter Jessica are moving to Chicago next Thursday. Her last day at work (we're at the same company) will be Monday 11/27. :-(


Amy & I have been friends for about 5 years. She's one of the few people I trust & one of the even fewer with whom I don't put up any walls. She's the person who tells you how it is, still knows how to be tactful & is never afraid to ask for help when she needs it (which is incredibly infrequent). Additionally, she's also an incredibly beautiful, socially graceful woman. ;-)


She's done a lot to help me grow in these 5 years we've known each other. It's going to be tough managing with her gone & I'll have to figure out how. Not one person in my adult life has been such a positive example on how to live. She's helped me focus on personal accountability, direction & even loosening up a bit - you know, no point in taking life too seriously.


Still, I'm thrilled for this exciting opportunity that's come her family's way. Greg is a stand-up guy to say the very least. He recently accepted a promotion - hence the move to Chi-town - & I think it's a good move for them. Jessica will have to make new friends, but seeing as she's 10, I can't think this will be a problem for her. Socially, she's a lot like her Mom (Heaven help us all!).


Yeah, Amy can be a pain in my butt...BUT that's only because she's what I'd consider a true friend whose looking out for me. Nothing can beat that.


In closing I'd just like to say "thanks", Amy, for your part in helping me become the wonderful, intelligent, spectacular and, yes, humble person all you know & love. ;-) Congratulations to you & your family. You'll always be my closest of friends & there'll never be a moment where you're not missed by your other family here in Iowa.

0 comments:

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP