1/24/07

"Surprise" Test

I've been focusing a lot on TKD testing. It's about 3 or 4 months away & I still have a great deal to accomplish. The form I'm doing for demonstration may change - mostly to make it easier for the four people "attacking" me. Also, I have to shore up the terminology, tweak my other forms just right, etc.


Which is why I was surprised when Master Rion said those four words you never expect to hear...


It's time to test...in Hapkido.


GULP!


Well, to say a fire was well lit under my backside is an understatement. I quickly realized there are over 160 techniques I need to have down pat in two weeks! Sure, I know most of them already but there's also quite a challenge in executing them ordinarily.


That being said, I am fortunate to have a mentor in the process. Mr. Reif, one of our black belts, has volunteered his time to help me with getting up to speed for this test. Recommended black belt is a big step & I'm sure to be run through the fire on this one.


In the end I know it will be worth it. Passing a test in HKD, particularly the higher belts, is always rewarding because you know you've earned it.

0 comments:

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP