12/14/06

Vacation Review

It was a great time off! My brother, Matt, from SC came up to visit for about 5 days & we did quite a bit of running around. Most of it involved smoking cigars, hanging out in bars & trying to best each other on Wii Bowling.


He arrived Thursday about noon & after an hour drive back to the apartment, we went to lunch at Red Robin. Honestly, this place can do no wrong in my mind. Anything you get there is excellent & brings the sort of pleasure that you normally need to pay women for.


We smoked a couple nice Montecristos I got from a buddy & he thought his was lacking in flavor. Apparently if your cigar lacks that certain robust character, you need to smoke a cigarette. I've never had this problem & I don't plan on it. He did like the Cohibas we tried a couple days later.


The most drama came on the day he left. No, this wasn't some tear-filled send off. We got to Moline a little late & the gate was closed for him to check in. He called AirTran & they said it'd be $80 to re-book the flight for the morning. Also, the flight was for 5:50AM. There was no way I'd be able to drive back up to CR & be awake enough to drive all the way back to Moline so we decided on a hotel for him. Yeah, that Hampton Inn was brand new, top-of-the-line & the $100 for 1 night reflected that.


I felt bad about leaving him there but at least the room was nice. Yeah, he didn't even call me to say he got home safe! I had to see he updated his MySpace profile before I could tell.


Anyway, this whole visit got me thinking. I really would rather live down there. Heck, Iowa has never been for me. I only came here because my family lived here when I got out of the Navy. I'm sure I'd like to find a job in SC so I can get out of corn & pig heaven as soon as possible.

0 comments:

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP