12/30/06

Class

I am sooo eager to get back to class! We've had the last week off & of course will be off 1/1 for the New Year. It's good to have the break but I need to get back into the mix!


I did work on some of the warm-ups in GM Wallace's book. It's a lengthy workout, even for the stretching. I guess that's because taking your time helps prevent injury.


Testing will have to be a priority for me in the next few months. My best guess is I'll be going for 2nd Dan near the end of April. There's nothing set in stone but I still need to be prepared for when Master Rion tells me it's time.


I'll probably test for recommended black belt in Hapkido between now & April so that's another concern. I think most of my techniques & skills are solid from white to purple. All well & good, but I'd better put some focus on brown & high-brown if I'm going to do well. My current set (red) is doing well enough. All I need there is to refine the techniques a little & I'll do just fine.


Groundfighting will probably be part of this. That's a challenge with one of our senior belts - he's in the National Guard & big on Modern Army Combatives. There's not much chance I can beat him but 1/2 the fun is in trying!


Can you tell I'm just a bit eager to get back into it? ;-)

0 comments:

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP