12/1/06

Should I Play the Lottery?

After HKD, I was headed to meet some friends over at the ID (Irish Democrat - my antithesis) & a train decided to mosey - that's the only way to describe it's incredibly lethargic pace - across the tracks with all the urgency you'd expect from organized labor. It took 17 minutes. Why yes, I had the time to count because I was stuck waiting for a stinkin' train!


For most people, that would be the end of the story. Nope, not this guy. After leaving the ID, I headed for work. Now, being the (semi)responsible individual that I am, my departure time allowed for normal traffic. My departure time, however, did not allow for fate's twisted sense of humor.


Yes, ANOTHER bleeping train on a different line managed to delay my habitually uneventful transition to place of employment by at least 15 minutes. This, of course, signifies a complete alignment of dark forces in my life; or maybe just some bad luck.



By my math* I figure the odds of two trains delaying any one person are, at very best, poor. By the same math, the odds of two trains delaying any one person to both a place of enjoyment AND a place of employment - thus providing ample opportunity for rhyming - are so exceptionally poor that I in fact have a better chance of winning the lottery.


So, what numbers should I use?






*my math = complete fabrication

0 comments:

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP