12/16/06

Gotta Get Outta This Place!

The plans to get out of the corn & pig hole to the deep south are moving along nicely. Surprisingly, I received an e-mail from one of my sis' friends, Ashley (told me to call her "Smashley" - don't ask) trying to push me in that direction.


Of course, I'm not stupid (No! REALLY). I realized that no one's just going to come on out & say, "Hey, stranger-I've-never-met, move on down here. It's fun"! There had to be an ulterior motive. Sure enough, it only took me five minutes to find out.


My sister wants to have Smashley as a room-mate when I get down there. Right now, she lives with my brother, Matt, & our Mother in a nice townhouse. I'd take over her share of the rent (more if I heard right on how much she pays) when I moved down there.


Again, I'm no dummy. It stands to reason that I'll need a place of employment outside the bowels of Hades - I mean Iowa - to provide uninterrupted income. Fortunately, I had two people who unwittingly volunteered themselves. Yep, Shannon & Ashley.


I forwarded them my resume & told them to get cracking. Yeah, yeah, I need to do some work too. Still, I'm at work this weekend & they're off - so let them sweat my situation a little bit. ;-)


There's only the one thing here that I don't want to leave. As you've probably guessed HKD/TKD are too important for me to give up. Also, there's not an ICHF (Combat Hapkido) school anywhere near that place. It's looking like the school started there will have to be my own. Master Rion is my instructor & always will be, so having a mentor isn't my problem.


My problem - well, in this case - is that I'm going to be responsible for an (intentionally) small school of my own. That may not sound like much but it's more than simply uncharted territory. I never planned to have my own school & there's not a clue in this magnificently brilliant mind to suggest how to run things best. I guess, like everything else, it'll need to be figured out in time.

0 comments:

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP