4/25/09

Just Dumb

I was hanging out with one of my good friends at a local bar last night & a person he knew came up to us. My temporary hiatus from the working world was mentioned in the course of conversation. I guess it was a topic that just came up.

Instead of the usual, "Sorry about that", or other sympathetic gesture, this guy decides to appeal to my sense of greed - which is like appealing to a leftist's sense of decency - by inviting me to join a thinly-veiled ponzi scheme that's been going around the area for awhile.

Needless to say, I shot that idea down in a very direct (yet reasonably polite) manner.

Listen, buddy: I ain't yer pal & if I'm going to earn any money, it will be by honest work. Truth be told, I'd rather earn $6.25/hour flipping burgers than know I cheated someone out of their money. It's called ethics & self-respect. Try getting a little of both.

2 comments:

brenda cox giguere said...

Heh- I knew I liked you.

Hapkido said...

Brenda,
Thanks! It was just a stupid thing for anyone to do. If he had known me, the topic never would have come up.

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP