2/4/08

Hapkido Angry

Hap BREAK, Hap SMASH!!!

Class was canceled AGAIN today for weather.

I swear, I am so darn angry that I said, "Screw it!" (no, not out loud) & called work to take a vacation day just so I can get to class on Wednesday.

Well, I can't take that day because we have 2 positions open in a department of 8 people & they can't afford to have me off on such short notice. Angry doesn't quite cover it. I was just starting to feel a little better (thanks _Jon & Mrs. Who!) after my last post & have since gone from in-the-dumps to in-the-red.

To top it off, there's a cute lady I met there last week & it would have been nice to talk to her again - maybe see if there's any chances, etc, assuming she's not married, of course - in addition to going to class. The first damn ray of hope I've had in over a year & it's foiled by a collection of small, crystalline objects that apparently love this *bleeping* state so much, I'm requesting they change the welcome sign from "Welcome to Iowa - Is This Heaven?" to the more appropriate:

"Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter.
Snows 'til May, Starts In November"

It's gone beyond frusrating since I only have the 2 days a week to go to class & something completely uncontrollable is keeping me away from it. When I try to take control, that's not an option, either. I swear, I would freaking vote Democrat if it would mean global warming came true & promised there would be no more of this incessant, annoying, disruptive falling of cold, white crap.

My other form of taking charge - joining a gym - is still in the "paperwork" phase that apparently involves a background check to a similar degree the military performed when I joined as an intelligence analyst - minus the "turn & cough" section. Sure, I get to work when it's done but in the meantime, ironically, all I want to do is use my skills to turn live terrorists into dead terrorists so as to aleve my frustrations at not being able to get exercise.

Yes, I'm trying to use humor to get through this bad phase. It's just so darn difficult. I suppose this is just stacked on top of wanting to move to SC but also wanting stay (just for the friends in HKD/TKD) because we have a great group of people here. If I move, I have to start from scratch.

By that, I mean starting my own school, getting my own students, insurance, facility, etc, etc, etc. I'll be 2nd degree - at best - when that happens & while 2nd degrees in HKD are about as easy to find as liberals with a conscience, it doesn't make me feel any more qualified to run out there & start my own school - even with my instructor's support (which he has generously offered).

Oh well, I've ranted long enough. Maybe this helps a bit but I certainly still feel trapped in a situation & there's nothing I can think of to do about it.

2 comments:

Mrs. Who said...

I swear, I would freaking vote Democrat if it would mean global warming came true & promised there would be no more of this incessant, annoying, disruptive falling of cold, white crap.

Oh, Hap, you had me laughing so hard! Hang in there guy!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, go pick up the book "Ask and it is Given". You will benefit from the knowledge in that book.

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP