1/25/08

So Close...

And yet so, so far.

I got a call from a company in South Carolina interested in doing an interview. I'm thinking, "at least it's a step in the right direction". Here, I have an opportunity to get down there (FINALLY) & be rid of this horrible, horrible winter weather.

Until they found out how much I made.

Yeah, not much of a response from those guys on that. Sure, I'm not pulling down 6-figures but I make OK money. I guess it's just a little to "OK" for their tastes.

It's not that I want to move in the middle of winter, necessarily, but I really was hoping this would be my chance to get out of here & back to where my family, decent people & humane weather all exist in one place. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to settle for one out of three (thanks to the TKD/HKD guys for being that "one").

Here's me for the next few months (click to view):

2 comments:

Mrs. Who said...

At least you don't freeze to death in hurricanes!!!

Hapkido said...

Mrs. Who,
Well, I guess that's true.

Now, the only argument is: Would you rather freeze to death or be smashed by a large air-borne object?

Site Meter

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Crunch Time ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP